Languages:
   

 

 
 
 
   

 

Things to Experience - Category - Places Of Worship

 

St. John Cathedral

 The Cathedral of St. John is located in the walled city and built on the site of the chapel of St. John the Evangelist, the Benedictine monastery in the 14th century.
 
     
 

Holy Cross Catholic Church

The Catholic Church of the Holy Cross , is located in Paphos Gate within the old walled city of Nicosia from 1900. It serves the Roman Catholic community of locals and foreigners.
 
     
 

Phaneromeni Church

Built in 1872 inside the old city walls and dedicated to the Virgin Mary, it was the largest church in Nicosia.

 
     
     
 

Agioi Omoloyites Church

The church is dedicated to three Saints Confessors Charms , Samona and Aviv. It is located between the streets Andrea Miaouli, Tinos, Markou Botsari and Omoloyiton. 
 
     
 

Sacred Temple Chrysaliniotissas

The oldest church of Byzantine style of the walled city . Located at Chrysaliniotissas street and is open daily from 6:30 to 14:30.

 
     
 

Church of St. Cassian

Built in the 19th century. Precious treasure of the Church is the "cap" of St. Cassian , who is considered miraculous . It is located at St. Cassian church in Old Nicosia and it is open daily from 8:00 to 13:00.
 
     
 

Hamam Omeriye

Mosque Omerie  is located near Central Public Market , in the walled city of Nicosia. The discovery of several graves of Augustinian hermits shows that the mosque was formerly the church of the Augustinian hermits dedicated to Virgin Maria.
 
     
 

Bayraktar Mosque

This Ottoman mosque is located on the south side of old Nicosia, on the western edge of the bastion of Constantza.


 
     
 

Saint Trifillios

The pilgrimage church of St. Trifilios who was the first Bishop of Nicosia.
     
 

Virgin Maria of Palouriotissa

It is built on the site where during the Frankish operated by the Holy Monastery of virgin Maria Pallouriotissas (from the older female monasteries in Cyprus). It is located at Panagia’s street.
     
 

Saint Spyridon

The Church of Saint Spyridon ( Old Cemetery ) is located between Avenue Makarios III (behind the Police Station Lycabettus ) and route Avlonos.
     
 

Saint Varvara Kaimakliou

The construction of the church began in 1897 and ended in 1920. It is located in the square of Saint VarvaraKaimakliou. It is open daily.
     

 

Church of St. Anthony

The church was built in the 18th century. It is located at St. Anthony in old Nicosia. It is open daily until 11:00.

All Rights Reserved © 2007-2014 THE CLASSIC HOTEL
94 Rigenis Str, 1513 Nicosia - Cyprus
Phone + 357 22 664006, Fax + 357 22 670072

Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use | Legal